Search Bar Quick Links
First International Centre to achieve:
LATEST CENTRE NEWS More News
Expressing Gratitude for an Unforgettable BF&M Breast Cancer Awareness Walk
December Cancer Awareness Dates and Information
As we approach the MOvember Finale at Robin Hood on November 30th at 5:30 pm, it's time to finish strong. MOFinale Schedule:
Check out the prize categories below!
Whether you Grow, Host or Give Monthly – solo or in a team – you’re raising much-needed funds and awareness for local men’s health initiatives, including the free men’s health screening events, Men's Health Reduce Your Risk presentations, and the Centre’s Equal Access Fund, providing financial subsidisation for prostate consultation, ultrasounds, biopsies, and radiation therapy.
Since 2010, MOvember Bermuda™ has raised over $544,576! In 2020, 61 men in our community were directly supported through the Centre's equal access programme which subidises the cost of services when one's health insurance does not cover 100% of a clinical service, or covers the full cost of clinical services for those without health insurance.
Choose how you wish to participate from the following:
1. GROW A MO or a beard for 30 days, your face will raise funds and awareness for men’s health. Wondering what a MO is? A MO is a powerful tool. In what ever shape you grow the hair on your upper lip, your moustache makes a difference.
2. HOST A MO-MENT go big or keep it simple. Hosting is all about having a good time for a good cause. Rally your colleagues/friends for a game of golf, bowling, tennis, or maybe a good old-fashioned BBQ – whatever you like. Ask people to donate what they would typically spend on a night out towards Men’s Health.
3. GIVE FOR THE MO-NTH - make a donation $10, $20, $50, $100, any amount will make a difference.
Once you have registered, you can set up your online fundraising page by clicking the 'Create Sponsor Me' page button at the top of this page (have team name, photo and a blurb on why you are participating ready).
You will be invited to celebrate at the MOfinale! Check out the prize categories below.
Growing the MO remains the ultimate sacrifice and will be judged and awarded in the following categories at the MOFinale:
• Ultimate Mo - A Mo Brother judged purely on the intricate grooming and styling of his Mo. A good outfit helps too!
• Lame Mo – An encouragement award given to our "Facial Folically Challenged" Brethren.
• Team Mo – The team to have the best moustache and outfit combination.
• Best Mo in Character – A Mo Brother dressed in character.
Non growing categories - the following categories will be judged and awarded at the MOFinale:
• Man of MOvember Bermuda™ – The ultimate accolade, the man which best embodies MOvember.bm™ and men's health.
• Team of MOvember Bermuda™ - When we look at you there will be no doubt what you did to raise money!
Fundraising Challenges - while you are raising needed funds to support Men’s Health Initiative in Bermuda, there are some accolades to earn:
• Mo Mo - Awarded each year to the individual who raises the most amount of money.
• Mo Sister - Awarded each year to the Mo Sister who raises the most amount of money during the MOvember.bm™ campaign.
• Team Mo - The team who raises the most amount of money (and does not fit one of the categories below).
Trophies to display your bragging rights for one year are awarded in the following categories:
• Financial Services Challenge - For those Mo Teams who know how to rock a power moustache/event with a power suit, the Financial Services Challenge is for any and all Mo Teams working at a bank, fund, insurance company, or accounting firm.
• Hospitality Challenge – Bermudian hospitality is known for its friendly faces, let’s add a little competition for the month of November. Hotels, restaurants, bars bring together your staff and patrons for 30 days of raising funds.
• Sportsman Challenge – Let’s get some healthy competition going. Bring your team, club and fellow fans together and raise funds throughout the month of November.
The fundraising awards will be announced, on December 14th, giving all participants the opportunity to submit their fundraising dollars including corporate matching.
Entries close for the Fundraising Awards on Friday, December 8th, 2023 at 2pm.
100% of all funds donated to Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre are used to support local men’s health initiatives, including the free men’s health screening events, Men's Health Reduce Your Risk presentations, and the Centre’s Equal Access Fund, providing financial subsidisation for prostate consultation, ultrasounds, biopsies, and radiation therapy.
What Men Should Know about:
Reducing Your Cancer Risk
Know when to Get Screened
Hear more about local Cancer Journeys and our own patient testimonals on The Hub.
Help people in our community access life-saving healthcare by making a donation.