Mo Brothers take action by signing up and growing a moustache throughout the 30 days of November. But it’s more than an excuse to grow a fine piece of moustachery, it’s about creating conversations while raising funds and awareness for men’s health.
MOvember Bermuda is easy to participate in:
- Register here
- Start the month of November clean shaven
- Grow the MO for 30 days - while sharing your fundraising link and pictures of your growth with friends and family to encourage donations
- Join us on November 30th to celebrate to growth with a few drinks and prizes and yes the team from The Cutting Room will be on hand to shave it off if you can't stand the growth for one more minute!
How to sign up:
All you have to do is CLICK the above 'sign up now' to register this year! Send your link out to friends and family to sponsor you to GROW your MO!
For cash donations, CLICK HERE to download our pledge form!
Funds raised by these events support Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre’s Men’s Health Programmes, providing uninsured and underinsured men in our community access to services provided at BCHC including early prostate cancer testing (prostate biopsies), radiation therapy treatment, as well as community outreach events such as the free men’s health screening.
Join the challenge - this year the MO Challenge has been expanded see below for categories where you can show off your MO and win bragging rights and some cool prizes.
MOFinale - November 30th
Doghouse 5:30pm - 8:00pm
Clean Shave starting at 7pm
Prizes, Awards and Trophies - check out the categories below and grow your winning MO.
This event offers Mo Brothers and Mo Sisters the opportunity to come together to showcase their hairy achievement and celebrate a month of hard work and dedication. Mo Brothers and Mo Sisters are encouraged to dress up in their best MOvember.bm costumes and compete for a number of category awards:
- Ultimate Mo - A Mo Brother judged purely on the intricate grooming and styling of his Mo. A good outfit helps too!
- Lame Mo – An encouragement award given to our "Facial Folically Challenged" Brethren.
- Team Mo – The team to have the best moustache and outfit combination.
- Mo Brother & Mo Sister – The best dressed couple.
- Best Mo in Character – A Mo Brother dressed in character.
- Miss MOvember Bermuda – The Mo Sister judged to have the best dressed and full of MOvember.bm spirit.
- Man of MOvember Bermuda – The ultimate accolade, the man which best embodies MOvember.bm, Mo and all!
Judges will be roaming the crowd looking for nominees from 6:00pm - 6:30pm, with judging for category winners taking place from 6:30pm... don't be late or you'll miss out!
While you are raising needed funds to support Men’s Health Initiative in Bermuda, there are some accolades to earn:
- Mo Mo - Awarded each year to the individual who raises the most amount of money
- Mo Sister - Awarded each year to the Mo Sister who raises the most amount of money during the MOvember.bm campaign
- Team Mo - The team who raise the most amount of money (and does not fit one of the categories below)
Trophies to display your bragging rights for one year are awarded in the following categories:
- Financial Services Challenge - For those Mo Teams who know how to rock a power moustache with a power suit, the Financial Services Challenge is for any and all Mo Teams working at a bank, fund, insurance company, or accounting firm.
- Hospitality Challenge – Bermudian hospitality is known for its friendly faces, let’s add a little hairy competition for the month of November. Hotels, restaurants, bars bring together your staff and patrons and make a team - 30 days of upper lip growth and raise funds, share men’s health information, participate in the AXA Man on the Run 5K and join us for the MOFinale at The Dog House on November 30 to celebrate your growth and support.
- Sportsman Challenge – let’s get some healthy competition going. Bring your team, club and fellow fans together and grow some MO. Captain your team for 30 days of upper lip growth and raise funds, share men’s health information, participate in the AXA Man on the Run 5K and join us for the MOFinale at The Dog House on November 30 to celebrate your growth and support.
The fundraising awards will be announced, on December 15th, giving all Mo Teams, Mo Brothers and Mo Sisters the opportunity to submit their fundraising dollars including corporate matching.
Entries close for the Fundraising Awards on Friday, December 7th, 2018 at 2pm