The 3rd Annual Cancer Forum will bring together Bermuda’s cancer partners and support organization providing the public an opportunity to see what cancer care looks like in our community.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Julie Silver
Dr. Julie Silver is an acclaimed author and cancer survivor who specializes in rehabilitation medicine with a focus on physical recovery. She has been featured on The Today Show and has also been recognized by the American Cancer Society for her work with cancer survivors.
View our event poster for more details.
Vendors will provide information on:
- Cancer prevention
- Which cancers have screening test available and at what age you should be tested
- Bermuda’s Breast Cancer Genetics Risk Assessment Programme
- What treatments are available in Bermuda
- Support groups
- Hospice care
- Emotional and physical support for survivors and caregivers
11am Ask the Doctor - question and answer period with panel of health experts
12:10pm Keynote speaker Dr. Julie Silver
1:30 Presentation: Reading Food Labels and Healthy Eating
2:15pm Demonstration: Excersise you can do at home
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact Rhonda Smith-Simmons.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Aurelia Healing
- Bermuda Cancer and Health Center
- Bermuda Diabetes Association
- Bermuda Hearing Services
- BHB – Oncology Department
- BHB – Lymphedema Management Clinic
- BHB – Bermuda National Tumor Registry
- BHB – Agape House/Friends of Hospice
- Cancer Information Service
- Infinity Health
- Just Between Us/Reach to Recovery Support Groups
- La Femme
- Performance Rehab Physiotherapy
- Partners International – Bermuda’s Risk Assessment Programme
- Walking Club of Bermuda